When you struggle for a new toilet for your home, you should consider a few things before you get puzzled by the various available options in the market. There are some guidelines which will help you to find the right kind of toilet for your requirement:
- Look for the bowl shape, height of the toilet and the style
- Consider if you want to have a water saving toilet
- Check the flush power rating system
- Read the installation process
What is a Trapway: It is snakelike tubing on the sides of your toilet through which water flows. A larger trapway diameter (ex. 2 3/8-in) reduces the chance of clogging and overflow.
Among many of the brands in the market today, American Standard Company makes the search for a quality toilet product easy and affordable. The various types of toilets such as one piece, two pieces, round, elongated, compact, right height, and standard are available to choose from their various categories. Here at Toiletsman, we have mentioned five popular and best American Standard Toilets which can be considered while choosing a system.
1. American Standard Champion 4 Right Height One-Piece Elongated Toilet:
This is an undoubtedly leading toilet regarding the performance. It is a one-piece toilet which eradicates clogged toilet.
Best Features of the toilet system:
- Four-inch piston action accelerator flush valve
- Fully glazed 2-⅜ inch fully-glazed trapway
- 100 percent factory flush tested
- ADA Compliant right height one-piece toilet
- Slow close toilet seat
- Water efficient standard for ultra-low-flush toilet
- The growth of bacteria, mold, and mildew is restricted by the EverClean surface
- Odor and stain proof
- Low consumption of energy
Included parts of the product: Two color matched bolt caps come with the right height elongated one-piece toilet. The seat is not included in the box.
Service parts availability: Available at the stores, website, and Amazon.com
Installation of products: It is a floor-mounted toilet system, smoothes off the bead of sealant around the base.
Cleaning tips: Clean your toilet with mild soapy water, rinse through clear water and dry with a soft cloth
Warranty Info: The company gives 10-year limited warranty to the customers on chinaware and trim.
- Low-consumption (1.6 gpf/6.0 lpf) helps you save water
- One-piece toilet
- Everclean surface keeps your toilet cleaner, longer
- Elongated right height siphon action jetted bowl
- Slow close toilet seat included
2. American Standard H2Option Siphonic Toilet
This is one of the best water-efficient gravity-flush toilets on the market which allows both water conservation and great performance. It comes with compact design, good height, efficient flushing technology and also refills quickly.
Best features of this toilet system:
- Dual flush option
- 2 color matched bolt caps
- Ultra High efficient water saving for maximum water saving
- Save water by choosing full or partial flush
- EverClean surface for greater hygiene included for no extra cost
- For a cleaner, long-lasting use and it is constructed with durable vitreous China
- Powerwash rim with the help of siphon jet bowl technology
- It is CES listed and CALGreen Compliant.
Included Parts with the product: Toilet bowl, toilet tank, and color matched bolt caps
Service parts availability: Service parts are available with extra charge and from the brand website, stores and Amazon.com
Installation of products: You need to remove the old toilet seat, if any and position the toilet to the wall and fix it firmly on the ground. Put sealant around the base for a proper hold.
Cleaning tips: Mild soap and water are best for cleaning the toilet. Rinse and use a soft cloth to wipe off the excess water and dirt.
Warranty Info: It has a limited 5-year warranty from the company on mechanical and chinaware and 1 year on the toilet seat are included with the product.
- Dual flush 0.92/1.28 gpf H2Option
- High efficiency, low consumption, and WaterSense certified
- EverClean Surface; Chrome plated top mounted push button actuator
- Siphon jet bowl technology with PowerWash rim
- Seat is not included
3. American Standard Glenwall Pressure Assisted Elongated Wall-Mounted Toilet
This kind of toilet is from the elongated collection and can be a perfect addition to any bathroom. It is a space saving model but at the same time, it adds a stylish and sophisticated element.
Best features of the toilet system:
- Elongated shaped bowl
- Water efficiency is 1.6 gallons per flush
- Low consumption
- It has pressure-assisted siphon jet action
- It also has 2 inches fully glazed ball pass trapway
- Side-mounted chrome lever trip
- Speed contact – tank and bowl coupling system
- Sanitary bar on the bowl is available
- It is a close-coupled flushometer tank
- It has 10 x 12-inch water surface area
Included Parts with the product: Bolt caps, and bowl is included but tank seat cover is not included
Service parts availability: Service parts are available separately through the brand website, various associated websites, and Amazon.com
Installation of products: It is a wall-mounted and back outlet toilet system.
Cleaning tips: As it is attached to the wall, it is very easy to clean with mild soap and the soft cloth
Warranty Info: It has one-year limited time warranty by the company
- Elongated toilet bowl only
- Wall-mounted, back outlet toilet
- Pressure-assisted, siphon action jetted bowl
- Fully glazed 2-1/8-Inch trap way
- Designed for use with American Standard toilet tank model number 4098.100, sold separately
4. American Standard Fairfield Elongated One-Piece Toilet Seat Toilet
This low-profile and highly efficient toilet is a striking addition to any modern bathroom which provides longer and greater comfort. It is a water-efficient innovation which looks sleek and of course pocket-friendly.
Best features of the product:
- Made from Vitreous China
- High efficient toilet – 4.8 Lpf/1.28gpf
- Meets all EPA WaterSense criteria
- Comes with elongated siphon action bowl
- It has an elongated siphon action bowl
- Comes with two color-matched bolt caps
- It has the side mounted actuator and polished chrome
- It has 3 flush valves, 2 trapway, and a pilot fill valve
Water conservation facts: It saves water around 1.2 gallons per flush to help save 20% more water than many of the standard toilet.
Service parts availability: It comes with the toilet bowl, 2 caps and toilet seat and the parts are available on the website, stores, and Amazon.com
Installation of products: After removing the old toilet (if any) measure the dimension, install the closet bolts and wax seal, position the toilet and install it with the tank.
Cleaning tips: Mild soap water and soft washcloth are needed to keep the toilet clean.
Warranty Info: The company provides one year of limited warranty
- Vitreous china construction
- Elongated siphon action bowl
- Polished chrome, side mounted actuator
- Includes color matched solid plastic toilet seat and cover
- Not available for sale in California and Texas
5. American Standard Town Square Concealed Trapway RH Elongated Toilet with Seat
Town Square trapway toilet is an efficient design which uses less water per flush and the ‘Our Flowise’ technology helps to minimize the water consumption. It is a comfortable toilet with high-class performance and beauty.
If you are looking for one of the best quality toilets with the fair and competitive price which will last for years and appear as brand new, then we can definitely recommend American Standard Toilet for you.
Best features of the product:
- The perfect combination of bowl, tank, and seat
- Coordinates with town square suite of fixtures and faucets
- Comes with classic American traditional style
- Right height elongated siphon action bowl
- Smooth-sided concealed trapway
- Matching chrome trip lever with the Town Square faucets and accessories
- It is a luxury performance toilet
- It meets the standard criteria of EPA WaterSense
- Fully glazed 2-inch trapway and oversized 3-inch flush valve
Service parts availability: Parts are available in-store and online websites
Installation of product: The process of installation is standard and easy, as the product is wall mounted system.
Cleaning tips: The EverClean Surface inhibits the growth of bacteria and dirt and Powerwash Rim helps in easy cleaning. A mild detergent or gel-based cleaning substance can be used to clean the surface
Warranty information: This product is backed by a 10-year long warranty that covers everything inside and out by the company
- Right height elongated two piece toilet with Duroplast slow close seat and cover
- Elongated, siphon action jetted bowl with smooth-sided, concealed trapway
- Powerwash rim scrubs bowl with each flush
- 16-1/2" rim height for accessible applications
- 12" rough in
If you are a camping person then you should check out Best Composting Toilet For RV & Tiny House – (Reviews & Buying Guide 2018)
American Standard Toilet comes with the modern and chic look, lot of promising features like EverClean Surface, EPA WaterSense, Self-Cleaning Toilet system, EZ Install and VorMox Flushing Technology. The combination of affordable price and best quality assurance makes the brand unique and desirable.