Last updated on:
It’s a big challenge to find a comfort height toilet if you are tall enough or have joint pains and want to sit comfortably resting your feet in the ground. Tall Toilets measure between 15 to 19 inches from the floor, keeping the functionality intact like normal toilet systems.
|Editors Choice||Editors Choice||#1. American Standard Cadet 3||Check Today’s Price|
|Runner-up||Runner-up||#2. Kohler K-3589-0 Cimarron||Check Today’s Price|
|Value for Money||Value for Money||#3. KOHLER K-3754-0 Kelston||Check Today’s Price|
|Editors Choice||#4. American Standard Cadet 3 FloWise Right Height||Check Today’s Price|
|Budget Pick||#5. Toto Drake Two-Piece||Check Today’s Price|
When you buy a high toilet for yourself, always think about some basic criteria that fit your choice and need:
- Shape and style
- One-piece or two-piece
- Water and electric energy saving
- Flush power – Read more about best flushing toilets
- Easy and safe installation
Top Comfort Height Toilet Reviews
1. American Standard Comfort Height Round Front
This toilet features a very simple and classic design. This product fits in well in any bathroom and provides maximum comfort and great access to physically challenged people. This is our best pick as per performance, style, and popularity. Its 15.8-inch height makes it perfect for elderly and tall people.
Some of the best features of this product are:
- It has the combination of the bowl, tank, and the seat
- It meets EPA WaterSense criteria
- EverClean surface reduces the building up of stain and odor-causing bacteria and helps to inhibit mold and mildew on the surface
- Chrome-plated trip lever
- It has a top-mount slow-close seat and cover which is easy to lift for simple detachment and reattachment during cleaning
- The 2-piece design is helpful for easier cleaning
- It comes with a color-matched bolt and covers
- Smart design, high performance and high-efficiency
- Factory flush tested
- CEC Listed
Product Information: Dimension 28.2 x 15.8 x 30.8 and weighs 75 pounds
Installation procedure: Remove the old one if needed. Measure the toilet and the bathroom. Press the pieces firmly and put masking tape. Align everything and install as per instruction.
Caring tips: When you clean it, wash it with mild soap and do not use any harsh chemicals. Rinse thoroughly with clear water and dry with a soft cloth.
Parts and supplies: Parts are available on the website and also at stores. You can also check amazon.com for the supplies.
Warranty period: The brand gives 5 years of limited warranty.
2. Kohler K-3589-0 Comfort Height Toilet With Aquapiston Technology
This toilet offers chair-height seating around 2 inches higher than any other toilet which makes sitting down and standing up very easy for elder people. Which also makes it good for small bathrooms. There is a Standard left-hand trip lever which is at the right place as it is good for handicaps. Kohler’s AquaPiston technology makes it best when it comes to cleaning the waste in the bowl as it releases water from 360 degrees. This 2 pieces stylish toilet with traditions decor comes with an elongated bowl offers extra room for comfort. If you looking for something with a more modern design then you should look at our top pick.
One of the most unique features is the gravity flush mode. Even though it consumed 1.6 gpf gallons of water per flush but it has a greater flushing effect than standard models due to this feature. It is made from vitreous china which makes it durable & easy to clean. It flushes the waste quietly.
This is one of the best Kohler toilets that is backed by a 1-year limited warranty from Kohler. You will only get a bowl and tank in this model. This doesn’t come with the seat, cover, and supply line.
3. Kohler Kelston Comfort Height Elongated Front
This product brings back the elegance to your bathroom and provides a convenient chair-like height and elongated bowl to use comfortably. It has a great 1.6-gallon flush and durable versatile design. It is an excellent and smart choice for your small bath or powder room. We recommend Kohler Kelston for you as good tall toilets for elderly.
Some of the best features of this product are:
- It has a chair high sitting due to the elongated bowl which makes sitting down and standing up easier for most adults and people with physical challenges.
- The standard left-hand trip lever is included in the model
- Single flush gravity technology
- Precision engineered trapway
- Durable canister design and light touch canister valve
Product Information: Dimension includes 31 x 20.8 x 29 inches and weighs 102.5 pounds
Installation Procedure: The Dry-Lock system saves the time of installation and helps in preventing water. Detail guide in the manual will help in the installation process.
Caring Tips: Any mild gel-based cleanser or mild soapy water will work for cleaning. Use a soft cloth to wipe the surface.
Parts and supplies availability: Parts are available in the Kohler.com and other hardware stores along with amazon.com
Warranty Period: Kohler provides one-year limited time warranty
This is considered to be the Best Chair Height Toilet as it is above 17″.
4. American Standard Comfort Height Elongated Front
This is a 2 piece elongated toilet with adequate height for seniors. The elongated design will give extra comfort to people with disabilities. Its EverClean surface stops the stains to stick on the surface and stop the stains growth of odor-causing bacteria. This feature makes it very easy for you to clean the bowl and outer surface. This stylish High-Efficiency Toilet uses 20% less water than standard models and doesn’t ask for much maintenance.
The American Standard’s Cadet 3 comes with a chemical-resistant flush valve that flows water quickly in the bowl. Due to this 3-inch opening water flows into the bowl 80% faster than the standard 2-inch valve. The fully glazed, 2-1/8-inch siphon trapway stops chocking off the trapway and prevents waste clogging in the bowl. With the pressurized rim and jet feature, water is discharged with high pressure to pushes the solid waste back into the drain. With the WaterSense technology, it uses only 1.28gpf gallons of water to clean the waste in a single flush which is 20% less than standard 1.6-gallons-per-flush.
This toilet is backed by American Standard 5 years limited warranty.
5. Toto Drake 2-piece Comfort Height
Toto Drake is a commercial-grade two-piece toilet system which is designed with their powerful G-Max flushing system. It is measured 16inch from the floor and that makes it comfortable for people of all age groups.
Some of the features are:
- Elongated bowl
- 12-inch rough-in
- Chrome trip lever
- Computer-designed fully
- Made from vitreous china
- The flat flush which has 3-inch wide flush valve
- G-Max flushing system
- Wide computer designed fully glazed trap
- Contemporary high profile design
Product Information: Dimension is 28 x 19.5 x 28.5 inches and weighs 103 pounds
Installation Procedure: Follow the installation manual or ask for professional help if needed.
Caring Tips: Do not use any harsh chemicals for cleaning purposes. Always test the solution in a small area before putting it in the whole bowl. Use a soft cloth to wipe off excess water from the surface.
Parts and supplies availability: Parts are available through amazon.com and the website of Toto including in-store locations.
Warranty Period: The brand gives one-year limited warranty
Things To Know About Chair Height Toilets
If you live with your grandfather or grandmother possibly there are elderly or if they are disabled or handicapped as well then you need to install tall toilets. These models are taller than standard ones having a height of between 16-19 inches when measured to seat top. There are some guidelines for designing these types of toilets as per Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. People who suffer from joint pain and have any kind of disability this is the right toilet system for them.
There are some things you should know about the chair height toilet before going for the best model.
- Comfort height is considered when a toilet + bowl range is from 17 to 19 inches when measured from floor to seat excluding cover. If the height is the same then it is also called an ADA compliant toilet. If it is lower than 17 inches then its a standard residential toilet. And more than the range of 19 inches will become a non-standard.
- There are different toilet brands in the market and everybody has a different name of this type of mode like KOHLER calls it a comfort height toilet, American Standard calls it right height toilet, & TOTO’s named it as universal height.
- If you have a disabled or senior person in the house or someone who has a hip replacement surgery and any other severe treatment then these Chair-height toilets will benefit them while bending or sitting.
- The person who has a problem in bending the leg can use these type of models or even use detachable toilet risers which bring the height to 18 inches if you use a 2-inch riser on the 16-inch bowl.
- The little extra inches on these comfort height toilet can change the life for people getting older. You can install these chair height toilets at the same costs as for standard ones. If you get up from the chair easily then you can do the same on these models as well.
- People have a misconception about these models as they think that they won’t find them in many colors and styles or even water-conserving models. But the truth is they have become popular and you can buy from your favorite brands.
- Sometimes they are also called as raised toilet seats, elevated toilet seats, and toilet risers due to their design.
- No company makes a toilet with a 17-inch height with a bowl as there are is very less demand for them. Generally, you will find a model with 16-inch height till bowl and a 1-inch seat added makes it 17 inches ADA comfort height. Suppose if you need an 18-inch toilet than you need to buy raised seats or seat extender having 2 inches high. You can read more about toilet seat risers here. You can even place them on a standard model and make it convenient.
- The next thing is all the toilets are labeled as comfortable height” or “chair high to ADA guidelines this doesn’t mean that they are 17 inches high. Some models with “comfortable height” are measured 16.5”, less than ADA standard. As we mention in the above points these labels are given by the company, not by ADA. So make sure to ask the range from bottom to top from the seller or learn about it.
- The best thing you can do is When you read the label, check that whether or not the seat is included in the measurement. If they are not giving means it’s 16” and adding 1” to it will increase the height to 17” making it ADA compliant.
- For a handicapped, or elderly person the comfort height toilet must meet the standard of flush control set by ADA. The flushing control system must be pressed with force less than 5 lbs and it must be at a height no more than 44”. Toilets with lever flush valve are easy and use less than 5 lbs force as compared to the flush button system.
- As per another ADA standard for comfort height, you must learn where to place the toilet in the bathroom in relation to walls. Like if the wall is on the right side of the toilet in the bathroom the lever must be on left or vice versa. So that it is easy for people with disabilities to flush.
What is ADA or Handicap Toilet?
The Typical height of an ADA compliant is 17 inch to 19 inches from floor to the bowl rim with the seat. Also to add rough-in from the wall which is 12”. The New Handicap toilet which is being used as convenient height which is around 16 1/8 inches from the floor to rim.
What is a Chair Height Toilet?
As the height is measured from floor to rim which means the top of the seat, hence as mentioned in the above Standard range of toilets is in between 15″ to 19″. While comfort height toilets also refer to as Chair high measures 17 inches or more.
What is the highest toilet?
They are about 17 to 19 inches tall. This means that they are 2-3 inches taller than the normal models.
How high is a handicapped toilet?
A handicap model is a bit taller than the standard. If you are searching for a handicapped option, you should look for which is at least 18 inches tall.
What is the highest toilet you can buy?
The tallest toilet is 22 inches high.
The Bottom Line:
When you are unable to increase the size of the bathroom or face challenges due to the physical problems you need to have a specific kind of toilet system which is an everyday need. While buying the tall toilet, keep in mind that other specifications and normal features are also important with the extra height of the toilet system.
- Top Comfort Height Toilet Reviews
- Things To Know About Chair Height Toilets
- The Bottom Line: